Mezza-pede® 1.0mm pitch SMT Connectors from Advanced are designed for low profile board-to-board or flex cable-to-board applications where long-term reliability and a compact size are required.
Ask about their NEW lower profile designs with a mated height of only 2.92mm!
With Advanced’s enclosed screw-machined socket, 6-finger contact and heavy gold plating, Mezza-pede® Connectors pass the 20-day mixed flowing gas (MFG) test required in many telecom and other severe environment and long-life applications.
Their over-molded lead frame seals the surface mount leads to prevent solder wicking, ensuring a secure solder joint. The low stack height makes it ideal for tight mezzanine packaging applications.
- Tunable Laser power connector (flex cable to board)
- Tunable Laser connector (board to board)
- Signal connector (flex cable to board)
- Low profile board to board connector
- Low profile – board to board stack height (z-axis) options ranging from 2.9mm to 4.0mm (nom.).
- Robust design features screw-machined terminals and multi-finger contacts with a per contact current rating of greater than 1 Amp at 80°C ambient.
- Dual row configurations include 8, 14, 20, 30, or 36 total positions with other pin counts available on a customized basis.
- Fits within existing board layouts.
- Unique SMT lead frame and pin design prevents solder wicking, providing the highest quality solder joint at the PCB level.
- SMT and thru-hole designs available.
- Passed 20-Day MFG test with heavy gold terminal plating (GH).
- Qualified for use in telecommunications applications.
- RoHS Compliant
How it Works
Thru-hole Flex Cable Applications
- The male terminals are supplied in a polyimide film carrier to facilitate handling (model DHA).
- A stiffener with a recommended thickness of .020 inches (0.51mm) should be used between the terminal pins and the flex circuit. (Stiffener not supplied)
- The recommended maximum hole in the stiffener is .018″ diameter.
- The flex circuit should have a minimum diameter plated through hole of .016″. Standard practices for flex circuit thru-hole and annular rings should apply.
- An FR-4 cover can be used to protect the top solder joints if required. (not supplied)
SMT Board to Board Applications
- In an SMT application, the SMT socket (DHS or DHSL) and header (DHA, DHAM, or DHAL) can be used on PC boards, rigid flex or flex circuits.
- SMT pad size should meet IPC standards for surface mount components.
- See lead dimension and foot size on applicable CAD drawing for reference.
- Tape and reel packaging is provided for SMT assembly.
Salesmasters is honored to serve as a manufacturer’s rep for Advanced Interconnections, a leading designer and manufacturer of innovative, technologically advanced interconnect solutions.