23 Aug B2B® High Density SMT Connectors from Advanced
1.27mm pitch B2B® SMT Connectors, featuring solder ball terminals, provide a highly reliable method to define stack height between two PC boards. Their compact design conserves board space by combining many signal, ground, and power pins in a dense area.
B2B® High Density SMT Connectors from Advanced are designed for long-life applications and robust handling. Superior quality is designed-in from their screw-machined terminals with multi-finger contacts to their heavy-duty, shrouded design which provides positive polarization that aids in blind mating applications. Low stack heights, high I/O density (over 400 contacts per square inch) and compact insulator conserve valuable PC board space.
- Telecom switches
- Medical equipment
- Military defense systems
- High density .050″ (1.27mm) pitch – over 400 contacts per square inch
- Robust screw-machined terminals with multi-finger contacts can withstand the demands of blind mating and rigorous mating/unmating cycles.
- Precision molded in high temperature LCP with integral polarization keying features to prevent 180° out-of-orientation mismating.
- At 3 amps per pin, more contacts can be assigned to data/signal transfer (fewer pins needed to handle power and ground).
- Guide box design facilitates alignment of male pin into female receptacle while protecting pins from damage during board mating.
- Industry standard footprints in four mated heights (Standard stack heights: 6.00mm, 8.00mm, 12.70mm and 19.05mm).
- RoHS Compliant models available featuring new Sn/Ag/Cu solder ball terminals.
- Customized configurations available.
How it Works
B2B® SMT Connectors are precision molded in high temperature LCP with integral polarization keying features to prevent 180° out-of-orientation mismating.
The robust, shrouded design facilitates blind mating, while the screw-machined terminals and multi-finger contacts ensure performance in mission critical applications.
Process proven .030 (0.76 mm) diameter solder balls conform to industry standard BGA pad-to-ball ratios and compensate for minor board coplanarity, thermal expansion (CTE), and solder deposition variances.
In addition to their standard surface mount design, customized options are available such as integral screws for high shock & vibration applications.
Packaging and Options
Male connectors – supplied with a pick-up cap to protect male pins and facilitate automated pick-and-place. Pick-up cap remains in place during reflow.
Female connectors – supplied with a polyimide dot to facilitate automated pick-and-place.
Tape and Reel – Add -TR to end of part number for Tape and Reel packaging.
Standard Trays – If no packaging code is indicated, connectors are shipped in standard trays. (Note: Trays are not suitable for automated pick-and-place processes.)
Salesmasters is honored to serve as a manufacturer’s rep for Advanced Interconnections, a leading designer and manufacturer of innovative, technologically advanced interconnect solutions.