In some situations, your memory has to withstand the elements, and a USB flash drive or SD card won’t cut it.
Virtium offers a variety of options for ruggedized memory:
- 30μ” gold finger plating ensures a quality connection.
- Thermal heat spreaders move heat away from high-heat-flux sources to areas with a lower heat flux (for instance, a heat sink).
- Conformal coating protects against moisture and other contaminants, and prevents corrosion.
- Thermal sensors use electrical signals to detect heat and send information to the system, allowing it to change operations to prevent overheating.
- Under fill is a liquid or polymer substance that coats the fragile areas where a chip meets a PCB, which is especially useful for smaller form factors.
Virtium supports their ruggedized memory with a 5-year warranty.
We are honored to serve as a manufacturer’s rep for Virtium, who manufactures solid-state storage and memory solutions for the world’s top industrial embedded OEMs.