Ohmite’s FSP Series (Force Sensing Potentiometers) are high-feature-set, cost-effective touch sensors enabling intuitive control and navigation. FSPs are “single touch” devices that simultaneously report both touch position and variable force. They are easy to integrate, high resolution, low-power, and ideal for a wide range of HMI/MMI applications.
Interfacing is simple via a host processor without the need for a dedicated MCU. FSPs are dynamically reconfigurable in firmware enabling multiple functions from a single sensor.
Force sensing potentiometers offer many benefits for HMI sensing in a wide range of markets and applications versus mechanical switching or capacitive sensing. These include but are not limited to:
- “Single touch” devices that simultaneously report both touch position and variable force
- Cost-effective touch sensors enabling intuitive control and navigation
- Dynamically reconfigurable in firmware enabling multiple functions from a single sensor
- For use in advanced HMI and MMI applications
- Through-mode sensor construction
- Small, thin, and light
- Largely immune to EMI and water events
- Low power
- False touch rejection
- Highly durable (>10M activations typical)
Ohmite has been the leading provider of resistive products for high current, high voltage, and high energy applications for over 90 years. The company’s full complement of resistor construction includes wirewound, wire element, thick film, and ceramic composition. Ohmite also leads the way in thermal management for resistive and other technologies offering a vast array of heatsinks.
As the local rep for Ohmite, we can assist with pricing, samples or additional technical information. Please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org for information.
We are honored to serve as a manufacturer’s rep for Ohmite.