Alliance Memory is now offering new industrial-grade 4GB and 8GB eMMC solutions. For solid-state storage in consumer, industrial, and networking applications, the 4GB ASFC4G31M-51BIN and 8GB ASFC8G31M-51BIN each integrate NAND flash memory with an eMMC controller and flash transition layer (FTL) management software in a single 11.5 mm by 13 mm 153-ball FBGA package.
The advantage of this is that it simplifies designs, speeding up product development and time to market, while saving space by eliminating the need for an external controller. In addition, the devices’ FTL software provides high reliability and stable performance with wear levelling and bad block management.
Compliant with the JEDEC eMMC v5.1 industry standard, the eMMCs support a wide range of features such as boot operation; replay protected memory block (RPMB); device health report; field firmware updates; power off notification; enhanced strobe features for faster and more reliable operation; write leveling; high-priority interrupt (HPI); secure trim/erase; and high-speed HS200 and HS400 modes. The ASFC4G31M-51BIN and ASFC8G31M-51BIN are also backwards-compatible with eMMC v4.5 and v5.0.
Part Numbers: ASFC4G31M-51BIN and ASFC8G31M-51BIN
Key Specifications and Benefits:
- Compliant with the JEDEC eMMC v5.1 industry standard to support features such as:
- Boot operation
- Replay protected memory block (RPMB)
- Device health report
- Field firmware updates
- Power off notification
- Enhanced strobe features for faster and more reliable operation
- Write leveling
- High-priority interrupt (HPI)
- Secure trim/erase
- High-speed HS200 and HS400 modes
- Backwards-compatible with eMMC v4.5 and v5.0
- Operate over an industrial temperature range of -40°C to +85°C
- Offer programmable bus widths of x1, x4, and x8
- NAND memory with internal LDO can be powered with a single 3V supply voltage
- The controller can be powered by 1.8V or 3V dual supply voltages
Smart watches, tablets, digital TVs, set-top boxes, VR and AR headsets, digital cameras, infotainment, CCTV, surveillance, automation, point-of-sale systems and emerging embedded applications
ESI and Alliance Memory
ESI is the local representative for Alliance Memory, a world-wide fabless manufacturer of legacy memory SRAM, DRAM and NOR Flash ICs. Products are drop-in replacements for Micron, Samsung, ISSI, Cypress, Nanya, Hynix and others.