Used in everything from boilers to security systems, these gearmotors can run on intermittent or continuous duty cycles and have needle bearings for high radial loads.
- Single Phase AC Sub-Fractional Horsepower Induction Motors (Shaded-Pole and Permanent Split Capacitor)
- Reversible Direction PSC Motors (3400 Series)
- Dual Frequency winding available (3700, 4400, 4500, and 6400 Series Motors)
- Customized output shafts
- Various lead lengths, termination and custom harnesses
- Various mounting options
- Cone brake, positive stop brake and coil spring break
- Needle bearings for high radial loads
- Gearboxes are permanently lubricated with synthetic gear grease
- Gearing Options: Sintered metal, hardened steel, and injection molded plastic
- Cooling fan
- UL, CSA, CE, CCC, RoHS Agency Approvals
Type Zinc die cast AC gearmotor
Output speeds 1-250 rpm*
Voltage 24V – 230V, 60Hz, 50Hz
Bearings Self-aligning sintered bronze with large oil reservoir
Terminations Spade terminals or leads
Protection Impedance or thermally protected
Duty cycle Intermittent or continuous
Motors available 3400, 3700, 4500, 4400, and 6400
Rotation Unidirectional; PSC – reversing
Cover Stamped steel or die cast
From its simple beginning as a specialty machine shop to producing transmissions for Model A Fords — and combining small motors with speed reducers to create the first gearmotor — Merkle-Korff has a 100-year track record of designing and producing customized applications for its customers.
Merkle-Korff continues this design philosophy today, developing customized, application-driven solutions for some of the world’s top companies. These high quality, high performing products include brushless DC gearmotors and motors, DC brushed motors, PMDC brushed motors, PMDC planetary and right angle gearmotors, and PMDC and AC parallel shaft gearmotors.
We are honored to serve as a manufacturer’s rep for Merkle-Korff Industries, an industry leader in brushless, PMDC and AC gearmotor and motor and control solutions for applications in commercial food equipment, consumer appliance, vending, pellet stove, pump, medical and other markets. A pioneer in the development of small motors and gear motors known as “sub-fractionals,” the Merkle-Korff brand has contributed to the success of countless commercial, industrial and consumer products since its founding in 1911.